Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

back to the grind

As I was putting things away from our camping trip this weekend, I realized that I have neglected my home lately. Not in a cleanliness sort of way, but in a creative and decorative sort of way. As long as I have time this weekend, I may take on some painting of furniture projects that I wanted to accomplish months ago. Starting with a little hutch/cabinet in my kitchen. It is currently white...and I think that I want it to stay white. But it is in desperate need of a fresh coat of paint and possibly some stylish hardware.

Next on the list is a really ugly brown bookshelf I took from my work when they were going to throw it away.

Key words "throw away"...

...meaning it is pretty junky.

But, I think some wood putty, some sanding, a couple coats of primer and a lot of semi-gloss white paint might just do the trick.

I need some lighter things in my life.

Maybe some lighter furniture will help.

Anyway, today was my first day back to work in 11 days.
It wasn't as bad as I though it would be.



No comments:

Post a Comment