Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

oh boy

Okay. Overall this car has been pretty darn good to me. It has mad it across country twice and has never quit on me.



But, recently it has been nothing but a huge money pit. And I THINK the transmission is going. And I still have until August of 2010 to pay it off!!! I just had the rear axles replaced which costs us about 800 bucks! The car was making a ticking/clicking noise when I slowed down, and VW said it was the axles. So, they replaced them twice bc the first set still made the ticking noise bc their parts were faulty. And its STILL making the noise and now they are saying it is bc the brake pad snap ring is broken?????? Like, seriously. I really think VW is making it up or something.

As for the transmission problem...the car will (usually when I am on the interstate and going about 60) all of a sudden slow down and when I press in the gas peddle the RPM's shoot up, but the car barely accelerates! Then sometimes it jerks forward and UGH. I was reading some posts from people on the web and it seems like a lot of people are having or have had this problem...and their transmission needed to be replaced. oh. joy. Now, I have never actually had this problem checked out...mainly bc other things go in the car first and I only have money to get THAT problem fixed. But, I get an awful feeling.....

I can't even take the car mroe than a couple hours away bc I am so worried it will break down. I do not feel very safe driving this car.

If I owned the car...it wouldn't be so bad I guess. But making car payments on top of major maintnence. That just flat out sucks.

So, I don't know if I should just suck it up and hope if never dies on me and just keep shelling out cash to keep it maintained...or should I start saving to put a down payment on a new car. bluh.

No comments:

Post a Comment