Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

before and after

I wish I had a good picture of before I painted the front door!




Please ignore the uncut grass, messy porch, crooked post,bare spot under front windows and unfinished door. haha.
Before I painted the front door was this awful brown colored wood and the screen door (which was SOOO old) was gray and beaten up. I still need to put one more coat of paint on the front door, hence the painters tape still up and mess on the porch. And Jeb still needs to re-screen the top panel of the screen door. I bought 3 cans of white spray paint and only used two which only cost me about 10 bucks. And for the front door I bought a quart of paint for about 7 bucks (I think). It is a very dark blue to match the shutters. And I think a roll of screen was only about 6 bucks.

This house is just a rental, but our rent is pretty cheap and the house is really old and kinda junky. So, while we live there the next few years, we don't mind spending a few bucks here and there on paint and what not. We also have a really cute porch light Jeb is going to put up (one day). The electrical wiring in the house is SO old that when he tried to put it up last weekend, sparks kept flying out every time he turned the power back on. Not good.

I am thinking that in the spring I might put a small flower bed under the two front windows. Nothing crazy, maybe some small bushes of some sort and some Hostis (spelling) (which I can get from my mom!)

And then I need to get the front post fixed! Which should be pretty easy. We will just make it LOOK straight by wrapping it in aluminum or something(thanks to my dad most likely). It helps knowing people in the construction business. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment